There is a strong commitment by TEGS' Leadership Team to provision of professional learning (PL) for the staff. PL opportunities are planned each year to include all staff including teachers and assistants. These opportunities are aligned to the TEGS Strategic Plan. PL is not just viewed as formal training days but may also involve TEGS staff connecting with other staff. Opportunities to visit other TEGS schools is encouraged within funding capabilities.
Throughout the year staff are likely to have the opportunity to attended a range of professional learning activities such as:
- TEGS Teachers Conference
- Early Years Teachers Conference
- Middle School Teachers Workshop
- Assistant Teachers/School Assistants attend a range of certificate courses on-site
- Let’s Talk About School – Community Representatives, Teaching-Principal Meetings
- Count Me in Too PD
- Accelerated Literacy PD
- On Site Integrating ICT into classroom practice coaching support
- On Site Literacy and Numeracy coaching support
Teaching-Principals attended 4 face-to-face Leadership Team (senior staff) Meetings in which professional learning on leadership were embedded especially through strategic planning.
We continue to focus on providing pastoral care to all our staff in a timely, targeted and family-friendly manner.