RTO2378 Nhulunbuy High School
Competence in Delivery and Assessment
11 February 2014
NEXT REVIEW DATE
VET Management Committee
5. Competency in delivery and assessment
Nhulunbuy High School (RTO) will ensure that all assessment carried out will comply with the assessment guidelines as directed by the nationally endorsed Training Package or accredited course. The RTO will also ensure that training and assessment is conducted by staff that either have the necessary training and assessment competencies as determined by the National Quality Council or its successor or:
• Are under the supervision of a person who has the competencies / Certificate IV in training and assessment.
• Are able to demonstrate vocational competencies, at least to the level of those being delivered, and can demonstrate current industry skills directly relevant to the training/assessment being undertaken, and also develop their vocational education and training knowledge and skills as well as their industry currency and trainer/assessor competence.
Determination of competence reviewed annually via self-assessment audit or in response to RTO staff changes.
1. On recruitment, staff qualifications, resume and skills matrix to be put on file in VET office.
2. Any staff who do not have the Certificate IV in training and assessment must have supervision arrangement documented in staff file VET office.