RTO2378 Nhulunbuy High School
Access and Equity
CEO and VET Coordinator
11 February 2014
NEXT REVIEW DATE
VET Management Committee
1(A) ACCESS AND EQUITY
It is the policy of the Nhulunbuy High School RTO to insure that all clients have equal access to quality education and training. Its aim is to provide timely and appropriate information, advice and support that assist clients to identify and achieve their desired goals and outcomes.
As per the Northern Territory Department Of Education (DOE) policies it is committed to the elimination and prevention of any educational/training discrimination which disadvantages clients.
• This encompasses the elimination of discrimination based on factors such as gender, race, disability or creed; and
• Ensures that as a result of their access to non-discriminatory education/training, all clients are able to fully develop their educational/training potential.
The VET Coordinator of the Nhulunbuy High School RTO is the responsible officer for equal opportunity matters in the development of mechanisms to prevent any possible discriminatory matters. The VET Coordinator is also responsible for dealing with any breaches of this policy.
To foster these aims the RTO will give consideration to the following:
• Potential career pathways of the trainee/client
• Likelihood of trainee/client success
• Ability to meet WHS requirements
• Suitable subject selection. This will be done with the assistance of the VET Corodinator, NTCET Coordinator and Careers Counsellor.
• All VET staff are required to be responsible for and to ensure that clients are provided with timely and appropriate information, advice and support.
• RTO staff must ensure that they are aware of and abide by the Anti-Discrimination Act.
• RTO will review VET offerings each year to ensure that no group of clients are disadvantaged by the RTO offerings.
Client and Staff will be informed of this policy in their induction programmes.
The Northern Territory Government is an equal opportunity employer and all staff should be aware of the relevant Commissioner of Public Employment’s, Employment Instructions and DOE’s Equal Employment Opportunity Management Plan.